Sunrays

Blogger Template by ThemeLib.com

The meaning of being LONELY

Published by Shane under on 10:58 PM

I had become a routine reader (I'm a routine if I'm free usually) for a friend's blog recently. He has been continuously waking up my sleeping soul about the fact that I'm aging.

Every time kids beside us talked about Naruto; we asked for Thunder Cats.
Every time teens around us wanted Twilight; we asked for the Ghost.
Every time Jonas Brothers top the billboard; we asked where're the Backstreet Boys.

Those were the days.
It's the reality that when a stone hit the water it sinks - we aged. Those were the evenings when Karaoke, VCD, DVD or Youtube were not popular and we need to wait for RIM chart to watch their MV's. Of course at that time Backstreet Boys topped the chart almost every week. They had sold over 100 millions album worldwide, the best selling boy band of all time.

Those were the days.
When Backstreet Boys were still "Boys". They are obviously "Men" now; I didn't know how many kids each of them has, or how many times they have had divorced. Still, I think my childhood bad-guy-hero has not changed - the tatoos on his forearms are obvious, the vocal and the facial hair that a lot of people think are ugly but I said that's adorable.

It has been 15 years huh. 15 great years.
We entered primary school and left secondary schools. We watched Die Hard, Speed, Matrix and then the LOTR trilogy. Head dug deep in books - just to graduate and get accepted into a multi-national company, in order to work and paid like a slave. It's remarkable, this number "15" gives us something to cherish about, when we are at our age. Those songs from the back street had actually recorded how they had gone from good to glorious, then bad and later worse. From 5-a-team to 4 now, I have no interests to look for the reason why Kevin had gone missing from the team. How many boybands in this golden era could survive without changing a single team member? Even the Scorpions and Gun N Roses, who have the one and only Axl Rose left as the "original" frontman of the band. Nobody even asks where the N'Sync are, or the Boyzone (yep, they had made a come back, singing It's unbelievably hard to love you but I love you anyway).

Location: O2 Arena, London

Nick had become a plum and fat-azz man and Brian remains cool and singing most of the time, AJ did all the talking. (I would like to advise them not to DANCE though, as those steps are WAY off the "hip-and-fast" trend now.) Those are the familiar songs we listened to during our "golden era". The arena was packed with the capacity of 20,000 singing their songs as loud as it could break the roof of the dome.

Strange it is, that after I was done with the concert on this X'mas morning, I have planned to spend some bucks to catch their concert in America, if they ever sing in Phoenix, or Las Vegas again, and that's if I ever go back again.

Maybe, deep inside, I think I'm just old enough, to taste the once-sweet and now-bitter old melody. They might not be as popular, as rock, as punk.
But they are who they are.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Lipsum

Followers