Sunrays

Blogger Template by ThemeLib.com

Stupid is as stupid does

Published by Shane under , on 2:59 AM
Last Sunday night, after having the lovely 'steamboat' dinner with my fellow colleagues, I bought myself some DVDs (please don't ask me where I bought those from) to further motivate me to get through the predictable hectic week (the nightmare WW04 as I have mentioned in SoS). In the pile of DVDs I have got, Forrest Gump laid there untouched until today. Thanks to "the others" such as Nancy Botwin, Greg House and Liz Lemon who couldn't show up because of that bitchy (*slap slap*) DVD player (or maybe the DVDs). Gump, at the other end, is a good boy.

I couldn't recall the last time I watched this. Most probably it's just once and that might be more than 10 years ago. (I checked out the release date of this movie, it was 1994). No wonder I couldn't recollect the emotion, the tears, the brilliance. Gratified, I think Forrest Gump is like a genius at work. Director Robert Zemeckis, crafted the character of Forrest as simple as he is, led the audience walk down the memory lane of his. Maybe Mrs. Gump is a real genius (or maybe should I say a real good mum). If it has not been her, Forrest Gump will be seriously heavy (character). Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get. At IQ of 75, he told us to be simple and go for it if you want to know what you eventually have.

This is a show, we should watch with our mind relax and let it cure our complicated thoughts. Shouldn't life be easy? It's well-illustrated in the friendship with Bubba, the love he cultivated with Jenny, and the respect he had for Lt. Dan Taylor.

With Bubba
Bubba:My given name is Benjamin Buford Blue, but people call me Bubba. Just like one of them ol' redneck boys. Can you believe that?
Forrest:My name's Forrest Gump. People call me Forrest Gump.
With Jenny
Jenny:Do you ever dream, Forrest, about who you're gonna be?
Forrest:Who I'm gonna be?
Jenny:Yeah.
Forrest:Aren't I going to be me?
With Lt. Dan
Dan:Have you found Jesus yet, Gump?
Forrest:I didn't know I was supposed to be looking for him, sir.
I wish I could be so simple, as pure as him. I wish......
So, after this when I return from vacation, please expect me to be very "gumpy".
Please don't be "grumpy" if you see I wear dirty shoes like this......
P/S: I love Robin Wright (as Robin Wright Penn, was then Sean Penn's wife). She's just a lovely figure to watch just like her being in Message in a Bottle. I love Gary Sinise (*grin*). Even he was a handicap, he was fantastic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Lipsum

Followers