Sunrays

Blogger Template by ThemeLib.com

Moment of Truth

Published by Shane under , on 11:41 PM
Seconds after witnessing Roger Federer come back from a 0-2 deficit and win against Tomas Berdych, I am truly gratified that I live in such a golden era of his. 6 years ago I saw Tim Henman, the English hero completely fell to his knees saluting the greatness of this man. From there he emerged as the most respectable world #1 since Pete Sampras. It was last year when he threw away his throne being at the peak of world tennis as the young lion Rafael came and shattered his monopoly.
Even though he is no longer the world #1, his opponents still fumbled whenever they heard of the draw against him. This afternoon, he showed me what a champion is made of, the solidity of mental and physical strength. I salute him of still believing miracle could shine, again and again he tested his Czech opponent and finally he got the breakthrough at Game #7 Set #3. Since then he never look back and blew away the 23-year-old who had lost to him for 7 straight times before. It's a 5-game and 3.5-hour tennis match.
At the age of 28, he pocketed 13th Grand Slam title, 1 short of Pete Sampras's 14. The only Grand Slam that eludes him is the Roland Garros's. He lost to the Spanish Lion thrice (or 4 times I couldn't recall) and last year he failed to make the history of 6 straight Wimbledon title. No matter how people had said Roger will not be able to win another Grand Slam, couldn't match the power of Rafael Nadal on soft ground, or 2008 is the year where we saw his light faded, I still believe in him and he's still my all-time favourite tennis player.

Federer reacts after winning his 5th Wimbledon title.

I would like to see more of his impressive ground strokes, his sharp aces, his forehand cross-court and backhand down-the-line, his remarkable defensive overhead lops, and his sportsmanship. My dream is to watch him at one of the Grand Slams.. I really love to..

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Lipsum

Followers