Sunrays

Blogger Template by ThemeLib.com

Today, the magic number is 14

Published by Shane under , on 9:06 AM

This is the most anticipating match for me, and maybe for all of us, your fans around the world. When you stepped out of the tunnel and waved, I said a prayer. I believe all of us did. "Please win" is the only thing we kept in ourselves and wish you could hear it from far. 

The Beginning
We love to see you making ground strokes, especially those you did to create winners, and forced errors from the opponent. Today, you didn't let us down. The start was as great. We know once you are in the lead, it's no turning back. The brief first set somehow settled everyone in the Philipe Chartier down, and I managed to gulp down a glass of tea. Vamos, Rog! 

The Momentum
I had always like to throw words and phrases on my friend's faces while they were criticizing particularly the teams I love, the sportsman I admire. So many have been there, telling me on my face that you would never win at Roland Garros, even after your nemesis Rafael was out. They were presuming your days of great tennis has gone. As a fan of yours for 6 years now, however, I think the best element in you, is rise to match or exceed the expectations. Good players need a set to gear up the momentum and go on to win, top players just need a game, or maybe a point to make it. You're in that range, and it's that quality that makes you a true champion

The End has just Begins
The history is renewed, the French Open new champion is born, another career Grand Slam winner. We don't know, for sure, how many championships you will win again. We don't even want to mount that 'beat Nadal' pressure on you. The only thing we have in all of us, your true fans, is the faith that continuously we have for several years. You have shown us the way to be a champion, graceful and gracious one. 

The Emotion
For me, an over-the-top and extremely emotional fan of yours, the recent years were tough. I saw you lost the French 2 times with close fights, once so badly that I couldn't get over it after a week, surrendered your throne at the Wimbledon, and the worst one in Australia, which I broke down in tears seeing you wept on the court. After your capture of this final Grand Slam, you told the world, I could play tennis with no pressure now for the rest of my career. We all hope that the joy of this win will carry you to the next level, when winning is not just about winning, is about giving the world a man everyone remembers as a tennis icon

Today, we celebrate with you! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Lipsum

Followers